Hi, I'm Amber
I’m the Head Trainer at Happy Human. I like the human body. And I like it even better when it is functional, efficient, energized and pain-free.
Happy Human Interest Stories
- I moved two tons of hay in one day. (Not some new workout scheme, I grew up on a sheep farm)
- I’m an improvisational cook
- In my family “geek” is a complement
- I don’t watch TV (except for Netflix of course)
- I’m a scotch whisky enthusiast
- When I’m not training I (play the flute, felt wool, change diapers, read sci-fi, go to the dog park, shop for bargains at Savers, sew, knit, crochet, go English country dancing, make bread, learn to play the bones, do an acrobatic style of dance called contact improvisation, make Christmas gifts, and read bedtime stories)
- 16 Years experience working as a personal trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified
- Precision Nutrition Certified
- Employed at Lifetime Fitness for 5 years before starting out on my own
- Graduate Degree in Kinesiology, the study of movement efficiency in humans
- I’ve helped hundreds of people: lose weight, recover from surgery, become a better squash players, prevent injuries, become better dancers, train for marathons, overcome shin splints, heal sciatica, bulk up, tone their triceps, return to pre-pregnancy weight, train for physical labor, and to run faster than their teenage children.
Want to train with me?
Click on the button to be taken to a page where you pick a time for your phone consult with our head trainer! Mention me by name and we'll see if we can't make it happen!